“Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.”
I’m quite sure we’ve all said this at least once in our lives but, “I just need someone to talk to…”
Have you ever considered the fact that we have access to the best, free counseling available and the open sign is always on?
You can also be totally vulnerable with him, letting your walls down and knowing that all of your darkest secrets are completely safe with him.
Picture yourself laid back on God’s counseling couch with a huge box of tissues uncontrollably sobbing and venting.
- But, God I’m hurting my heart is broken I thought it was love but, it wasn’t it must be something wrong with me?
- God, I can’t do this anymore I’m depressed, broke, tired and I think it would just be easier to give up because, I’m drowning and failing at this thing called life…
- God, I’m tired of going thru life pretending as if everything’s okay and it’s not…can you please help me?
“Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.”
-1 Peter 5:7
Although your situation may be the same when you leave the couch, I can promise that you won’t feel the same. God provides divine therapy sessions that will change you from within. So before you pick up the phone and vent to someone. Take a moment to sit on God’s couch first and allow him to prescribe you divine medicine that’s truly good for your soul.
God’s written prescriptions for your soul:
- Help – Hebrews 13:6
- Hope – Psalms 147:11
- Peace – Phillipians 4:7
- Joy – James 1:2-3
- Deliverance – 2 Samuel 22:2
- Forgiveness – Colossians 3:13
- You’re not alone – Deuteronomy 31:8
- Healing – Psalms 147:3
- Provisions – Phillipians 4:19
- Protection – 2 Thessalonians 3:3
- Strength – Exodus 15:2
- Love – 1 Peter 4:8