“And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.”Genesis 12:2-3 KJV
Remember the story of Abraham? A covenant was established between him and God that he would be the father of many nations. Abraham did not have Isaac until he was of the very old age of 100. Even after God blessed Abraham with Issac, God challenged Abraham by asking him to sacrifice his son Isaac. How did Abraham respond? He immediately obeyed and took his son to be sacrificed but, God had a ram in the bush waiting instead.
“And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.”
Abraham understood God’s promise overrides the process. Yes, God promised him that he would be the father of many nations and be blessed with an heir. But, first God tested Abraham thru his righteous process. Abraham didn’t ask God why? or start listing off reasons why he shouldn’t sacrifice his own son. Instead he obeyed and had faith to trust the promise and not the process.
For every promise there is a process. The process may be long, hard and may not make sense. But, that’s the beauty in it all we don’t trust the process, we trust the promise. What we often forget is that God can not nor will he ever lie so if he promises it to us, it is ours.
- Abrahams wife Sarah did not trust the process so she gave her servant (Hagar) for Abraham to have a child with. (Those around you may not understand God’s promise for you.) -Genesis 16:4
- Sarah was unable to conceive and even laughed in the face of the angels sent by God to tell her that she would have a son – Genesis 18:12-13
- Abrahams process was very long, didn’t make sense at times and we can’t forget about his age. Abraham trusted God’s promise and remained obedient thru it all. In turn God blessed him greatly.
- Just as God provided the ram in the bush for Abraham he will provide for you during your process, you will never go lacking.
- By the worlds standards you may be too old, not qualified, they may tell you to give up or try to do it on your own. But, is there anything to hard for the Lord?
“Is any thing too hard for the Lord? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.”
Genesis 18:14 KJV