“This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.”
Have you ever missed a meal and the sound of a very loud stomach growl is what reminds you that ITS TIME TO EAT?!?
The same scenario happens spiritually, instead of feeding our souls the occasional appetizer of a verse of the day whenever needed, spiritual change and growth requires a daily diet of the word of God to properly feed our souls. Without daily meditation in the word of God spiritual starvation begins to set in.
Too often many state that “they don’t have time to study the word of God or its too hard to understand.” Except for an occasional weekly bible study or sermon at their local church. Allowing the word of God to permeate our souls is essential to our growth spiritually. Keep in the mind that the more you read the more wisdom and understanding you will gain. So what are you waiting for??? ITS TIME TO EAT!!!
– Ask yourself what is the scripture teaching?
– How can I apply the scripture to my life?
– How does the scripture relate to what’s going on today?
– Picture the scripture (for those that are visual learners).
– Pray using the scripture.
– Memorize the scripture (write down a scripture on a sticky note or note card to take with you and recite as you go about your day).
– Take notes as you study the word of God.
– Bible studies and sermons are great for our walks with Christ however, in order for YOU to grow YOU must meditate on the word of God daily. (“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15)
Challenge yourself today to start spending more time with God by allowing his word to feed your soul.
“If you don’t eat, you won’t grow”